The factory is located at Mongla port industrial area at Mongla on land measuring 10.4 acre. It's a LP Gas bottling plant based on three shifts per day with a capacity 1000 bottle production per hour. The accurate unloading time is to be determined as per unloading capacity of LPG pump ship. The length of pipe for unloading is about 500m from BLPG plant to MCML Jetty and seamless liquid line is 8 inch and vapor line 6 inch. Another unloading line from BLPGL to BICL Jetty is about 800m with same specification of pipeline.The plant has been taken into its complete operation on December 10, 1999.
Total Production Capacity/month/year :
Per month/shift : 3000 M.T. (Approximate)
Per year/shift : 36000 M.T
Total no. of employees (Man Power):
- Technical Department: 12 persons including 6 engineers
- Sales and marketing: 03 persons
- Security department: 14 persons.
- Fire personnel: 06 persons
- Accounts: 03 persons
- Purchase: 01 person
- Store: 05 persons
- Administration: general 32 persons
There by total no. of employees-76.
Specification of the machineries:
1: List of various parts involved in production:
- Storage Tank Area: 3000 m³ (3x1000 m³) each area, 2 areas in total.
- Filling Station: Two filling stations, only one in operation and other for spare.
- Filling column for bulk tank wagon.
- Compressor house and control room.
- Hydrocarbon pumps (installed at tank area.)
- Air compressor house
- Filled bottles store and empty bottle store.
- Fire water reservoir and water pump house
- Work shop
- Testing laboratory
- Auxiliary area: (Administrative building, security office, general store)
2 Machinery and equipment:
2.1 Filling machine:
Crisplant, Denmark supplied filling station equipment. Considering with a filling carousel consisting of 24 posts with 24 filling machines equipped with an automatic admission and ejection of the bottles and auto electronic weight checking and electronic gas detector and weight adjustment machine for filled bottle with bottle transporting chain and roller conveyors.
|Electronic check weighting unit type EMU-1||:01 m/c|
|Electronic leak detector type ET1-GD-IR||:01|
|Automatic sealing machine type SMA (EA11)||:01|
2.2. LPG Pumping and Pressurized Equipment:
a) 3 sets of SIHI centrifugal LPG pumps of German for bottling and auto filling machine, one in operation, one is standby and other one is for spare, each capacity of 30m³ per hr.
b) 2 sets of YQ 15-5m³ volume per hr. type blade pumps for track loading and unloading system, one in use and another standby.
2.3. LPG compressors:
Two sets of CROKEN LPG compressor type 691 of U.S.A. are installed, rated exhausting capacity of 3 m³ per compressor. For use of ship unloading, pressuring, tank charging and pressuring gas in the tank and pipes to maintain the required pressure.
2.4. Air Compressor:
In order to supply compressed air which is consumed by LPG auto bottling machine 2 sets of 180m³ per hr air compressor are installed ( one in use and other for standby).
1) Spherical tank
- Level meter, locally, remote transmission, alarm at high/ low position
- Thermometer measured by level and remoter transmission of instructions.
2) Compressor- Pressure on inlet/outlet
- Temperature on outlet
3) Hydraulic Pump
- Pressure gauge on inlet/outlet
4) Pipe line for unloading of LPG
- Flow rates and instrument for measuring on each operation post.
3.2: Spherical Tank for Storage:
There are six nos. of spherical tanks for LPG storage each of having 1000 m³ and in total of 6000m³ volume is available to store this imported LP Gas and to supply continuously for filling station for filling in LPG bottles and to achieve filling capacity to 1200 bottles (12.5 Kg each) per hr. for each filling station. On the basis of 8 hours production per day and 300 working days, the plant needs 120.0 X 300=36000 tons per year.
Further if the market demands increase, by increasing the frequency of shipment of imported LPG 3000 Tons can be sold per month. On basis of nearest source of LPG monthly 2-3 shipment is possible of 1 shipment LPG.
Main technical Parameters of 1000m³ storage tank in design is as follows-
|Diameter of the spherical vessel||:12300(mm)|
|Design Pressure||:1.6 (Mpa)|
|Thickness of Wall||:36 (mm)|
|Empty weight of tank||:140 (ton)|
|Design temperature||:-10° to +45° C|
3.3 Composition of spherical tank:
- Tank body, with a weight of 140 ton
- Attached parts including column, heat-insulation installation in tank column, revolving ladder, rail, it is estimated that weight is about 14 tons.
3.4 Connecting pipe of spherical tank:
2 of PN 1.6, DN500 manholes
Inlet pipe DN150, (1 check valve and 1 cut-off valve is installed)
LPG liquid phases out pipe DN80 (emergency cut- off valve is installed.)
LPG liquid phases out pipe DN50 (emergency cut- off valve is installed.)
4.Fire fighting equipment:
Fire fighting water system in LPG station is composed of water supply (water tank for fire fighting and city water is installed sprinkle), fire pump house equipped with diesel generator sets and water pumps, water supply main pipe, branch pipe and fixed spring facility of storage tank and filling station. Storage water volume for fire fighting is about 5000 m³.
Fixed water cooling system is installed at storage tank and filling station area.
Fire pumps : 04
Capacity: 234m³ per hr.
Water head 94m
4.2. Fire Extinguisher:
Type ABC : 63 nos.
Type CO2 : 13 nos.
- Safety System:
Gas detecting and alarm device is installed in plant area.